Who we are and What we do
We are dedicated to “Connecting people through the arts”:
- as a regional resource, providing up-to-date information to the community at large on arts and cultural events, opportunities and related topical items of interest
- as a catalyst, seeking out opportunities to connect individuals and groups to share ideas and showcase their talent and skills, helping to build new partnerships and new audiences.as an advocate for arts and cultural development, we continue to create and expand awareness of the beneficial aspects of arts and culture on the well-being of our community. This has been carried out through active participation in such initiatives as cultural policy development, cultural tourism and heritage preservation.
Here are some examples of the recent initiatives/events we’ve been involved in
- Mayor of Coquitlam’s Riverview Task Force- developing a community vision for the Riverview Hospital grounds (download “The Future of Riverview Report” pdf)
- Youth Matters! aimed at engaging our youth meaningfully in our communities (visit www.youthmatters.ca )
- Festival Planners Network.
- Events such as Players, Painter and Politicians, Port Moody Studio Tours, gARTen Tour, Treefest at Riverview (www.rhcs.org ), Westcoast Chocolate Festival , VolunteerFest, artfusion05- creative teen art exhibition
- Tourism Strategic Plan for the region
ArtsConnect acknowledges the ongoing support of the Cities of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody and the Villages of Anmore and Belcarra as well as the Government of British Columbia and the British Columbia Arts Council.